Learn Slovenian Online Quickly and Effortlessly
The Learn Slovenian Online program provides you with everything you need to learn Slovenian. It has been designed with a focus on practical language use, so you can start using what you are learning right from the start.
Purchasing the course means you receive lifetime access to the learning materials, and benefit from all future improvements and updates. Our latest update features a Downloads section, from where you can download the course audio files for learning on the go.
How Learn Slovenian Online Works
With this program you will:
- Learn to speak confidently with 34 comprehensive lessons.
- Learn effectively with the help of over 100 audio recordings performed by a native Slovenian speaker.
- Understand basic Slovenian grammar in only 12 sentences.
- Learn fast through our focus on dialogue and conversation.
Who is Learn Slovenian Online for?
If you want to learn Slovene, then this program is for you. It is designed for beginners and will help you enjoy conversations with confidence. Our students include:
- Travellers and tourists, for both business and leisure.
- Expats living in Slovenia.
- Foreign exchange and Erasmus students.
“Learning even the basics of a local language enables a deeper cultural experience while travelling or living abroad.”—Anonymous, but very wise traveller
In Learn Slovenian Online, you will cover:
Section 1: Introduction
- The Slovenian Alphabet
- How Slovenian Sounds: About Slovenia
- Deconstructing Grammar (in 12 sentences)
- Introducing Cases and Dual
The first six lessons lay some ground work. The aim is to get you started quickly, and to build momentum early on to help motivate you through the tougher, more grammar intense lessons towards the end of the program.
Section 2: Conversation
After getting warmed up and acquainted with the language, you jump right into dialogue, followed by useful phrases, organised by situation.
You will cover:
- Dialogue One (informal)
- Dialogue Two (formal)
- Formal Telephone Conversation
- Useful Phrases
- Interrogatives, Greetings, Introductions
- At a Restaurant
- City and Cultural Sights
- Bank, Post Office and Shopping
- Professions and Schooling
Section 3: Grammar
Lastly, comes everyone’s favourite topic, grammar! By this stage in the program you will have built up an impressive amount of phrases and vocabulary. This foundation will help in understanding Slovenian grammar and enable you to unlock what you already know, to start expressing yourself by constructing your own sentences and questions.
You will cover:
- Nouns and Articles
- Languages and Nationalities
- Possessive Pronouns
- Present Tense Verbs
- Past Tense Verbs
- Future Tense Verbs
- Modal Verbs
- Most Common Verbs and Participles
- Cases and Declining Nouns
- Prepositions and Declining Nouns
Testing your progress
The end of several lessons feature exercises to test your knowledge.
The majority of sections also feature a selection of digital flash cards, for use with Anki.
Anki is a free program which allows you to test yourself using these digital flash cards and works on the basis of spaced-repetition learning, a technique which has been shown to significantly increase memory retention.
Learn more from our blog post, Using Anki Flashcards with Learn Slovenian Online.
Try a free lesson now:
You will be taken directly to the free lesson. We will add you to our “I’m Interested” list and email you no more than once a month with LSO news.
You’re email address will never be shared and you can opt-out easily.